The 2016 course is organized by the Department of Dermatology and Venereology of the University Hospital Center Zagreb and the Genodermatoses & Rare Skin Disorders Network with the support of the European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology.
Since 2004, the Genodermatoses & Rare Skin Disorders Network organizes meetings and training courses for the stakeholders involved in health care and social support of patients with rare and severe skin disorders.
The aims of these training events are:
- to increase knowledge on rare skin disease diagnosis and management
- to develop and improve skills to manage rare skin diseases
- to encourage health care providers to adopt a multidisciplinary approach and propose dedicated services for rare skin disorders patients
- to promote the development of national networks involving specialists, paramedics, patient groups, general practitioners, scientists, public health officials and industries
- to promote the participation of young/new medical and paramedical teams
- to involve and highlight the key role of patient groups