The ERN-Skin aims at enhancing high-level patient management for patients with rare complex and undiagnosed skin disorders, by improving the quality and safety and access to highly specialised healthcare.
The objectives of the network are:
- Realise the potential of European cooperation regarding highly specialised healthcare for patients and for healthcare systems by exploiting innovations in medical science and health technologies
- Contribute to the pooling of knowledge regarding sickness prevention
- Facilitate improvement in diagnosis and the delivery for high quality, accessible and cost-effective healthcare for all patients with a medical condition requiring a particular concentration of expertise in medical domains where expertise is rare
- Maximise the cost-effective use of resources by concentrating them where appropriate
- Reinforce research, epidemiological surveillance like registries and provide training for health care professionals
- Facilitate mobility of expertise, virtually or physically, and to develop, share and spread information, knowledge and best practices and to foster development of the diagnosis and treatment of rare diseases within and outside the European Reference Networks.
- Encourage the development of quality and safety benchmarks and help develop and spread best practices within and outside the European Reference Network
- Help Member States with an insufficient number of patients with a particular medical condition or lacking technology or expertise to provide highly specialised services of high quality.
on rare skin diseases
Looking for a specialist or a patients association?